Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Day!

The presents are open, the turkey is in the oven...and I'm exhausted- I didn't even cook the turkey myself, but after a late night of playing Santa and the excitement of opening gifts, I'm ready for a nap.  I have a house full of people and I'm coordinating bath towels and showers.  Fa La La La! 

The beautiful turkey came from a local restaurant that will cook the turkey for you!!  It looks perfect and I could easily pass the thing off as my own, but there's no mess! It's awesome! There will be fire-roasted yams with brown sugar and cranberries along with stuffing and mashed potatos!! The only thing I manged to do on my own were the cookies, chocolate chip and sugar cookie cutouts- I can't even say I did thoses on my own- my 5 year old daughter was much more creative than I was!

I have six extra people and 2 extra dogs.  Honestly it's not as bad as it sounds, now there are other people here to entertain my 5 year old!

Now I'm off to see the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie "Chipwrecked" seriously how did I get roped into this one! All the other adults are going to see Sherlock Holmes and the George Clooney movie.  Why am I going to see "Chipwrecked"?  Because I'm a mom!

Merry Christmas! I survived!!

No comments:

Post a Comment